The tour departure dates indicate the arrival at Steinsholt. Participants will be picked up in Reykjavík BSI fligtbus station 18:00. The first evening we have a welcome dinner. The riding tours start the following day.
Accommodation and Meals
Sleepingbag accommodation,except the nigths we stay in Steinsholt (bring your own sleepingbag) with full board is included . Lodging is in mountain huts, community centres and guesthouses.
Included in the price
Accommodation and meals as described in the itineraries and transfer from Reykjavík and back.
Remember to take out travel insurance before your journey. Please note that all riding is at your own risk. Residents of the EU/EEA countries should bring their European Health Insurance Card (E-111 form) in case of illness and need for medical care.
Used boots, riding wear, saddlebags etc., must be disinfected before arrival in Iceland. That is because infectious disease can easily be brought into the country, which poses a great threat for the horses. Further information at www.mast.is http://www.mast.is/english/library/Fr%C3%A6%C3%B0sluefni/hestasmitvarnir2014vef.pdf
How to Clean and Disinfect Riding Gear:
Riding wear is normally washed and shoes and leather articles are washed and cleaned with iodine or some other fluid disinfectant.
You should be ready for all kinds of weather as the weather can change very quickly.
We recommend that the following items are included when preparing riding tours:
• Riding boots – preferably rubber, because of the rivers we cross.
• Warm jacket or overcoat.
• Warm (woolen or fleece) sweater.
• Warm socks and gloves, at least two pairs, scarf and a cap or hat.
• Warm underwear, long if possible (protects also from chafing).
• Riding trousers.
• Track suit.
• A pair of slippers to wear in the accommodation. (Icelanders take off their shoes when entering a house).
• Swim suits, towels, soap etc.
• A small camera to take with you on the ride.
• Band aids and second skin plasters for chafing.
• Insect repellent, gnat net head cover.
• Chocolate or glucose sweets for strenuous riding days.
• Sun lotion for face and lips (with high sun factor).
• Sleeping bag and a sheet, and a small pillow
• Lunch box
• Ear plugs. Some people snore!!!
For Tours transport to and from Reykjavík is included. Transport to and from Keflavík airport is not included.
On the long tours the guests´ luggage is taken by car between the overnight stops. Bring robust suitcases or backpacks, but no more than one per person. (Luggage that is not needed on the tour can be left i Steinsholt and reclaimed at the end of the tour).
It is the rider’s responsibility to assess their own level of riding proficiency. If uncertain, please check with us before booking your tour. email@example.com Please also note that riding is at your own risk.
We reserves the right to change and adjust riding routes should weather conditions or other external circumstances make the original route unsafe or even dangerous which are not refundable.